Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Year Off Before College

Luke Ford says:

Dennis Prager had a great point on the first hour of his radio show today: “My wife and I were at a mall in Houston. I made the observation when I saw kids from all backgrounds and how courteous they were. “Thank you.” “Have a wonderful day. “Thank you. What can I do for you?” Always with a big smile. And you realize how working for private industry as opposed to working for the government so often makes you a better person because you are forced to be polite and decent and inquire about people’s lives. I am a big behaviorist. Wish enough people a nice day and you might become a nicer person.

“You don’t become a nicer person at college. You become a more selfish person. Work or travel.”

“There isn’t a single good argument for going from kindergarten to college without smelling the flowers.”

Read On



No comments: